Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Exciting News

Okay, so this posting is going to be a bit more personal. I have some news that I would love to share. It turns out, the eve of November 5th is going to be a little bit more surreal than I had hoped. During my internship at Flare Magazine, I was able to witness the initial planning process for their 30th Anniversary Gala which is going to be held at the Royal Ontario Museum (amazing space- of course they are not only using the beautiful atrium, but the entire museum) and which is boasting upwards of 2500+ names. I took part in meetings with the other ladies of the Marketing Department when the invitations were not yet a prototype and the possible names of attendees were purely speculation. It was amazing to see such excitement surrounding the magazine's anniversary and being in the offices during the launch of this year's September issue was thrilling. Flare cover girls, stylists, thespians, Editors and singers make up some of the professions of RSVP'd guests. Back in the summer, I knew I would be back to help out, however I was completely unaware at what an amazing duty I would be assigned for the night with the other interns. At a meeting last Friday to discuss logistics, I learned that I will be working the RED CARPET with my former supervisor Hazel. I could not be more excited really. My role on the night of the gala consists of coordinating media and reporters from outlets such as eTalk, Entertainment Tonight Canada and others once there are celebrities working it out on the scarlet walkway. I have to help make sure no celebrities miss the red carpet and everyone feels like a god and goddess under the spotlight of Canadian fashion. Joe Mimran himself picked out classy pieces from his genius endeavour Joe Fresh for the interns to wear on the special night. I received a cream lightly ruffled blouse, buttons to the neck which is %100 silk. Black dress pants that sweep the floor and a cute shoulder-focused black cardigan which is hip-length accessorized with a snap closure wrap around bow! Snap-closure wrap around bow on a cardigan- like I said: genius. So happy we get to keep the clothes after they make their great debut among Toronto's glitterati next Thursday. The only thing that might prove to be a little LESS glamorous in all of this? Helping out to stuff 2500+ swag bags over a two-day period on Monday and Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment