Friday, May 13, 2011

Gucci déjà vu?





I kept asking myself the same question as I recently scoped out the covers of next month's fashion mags. Ah yes- its the Gucci dress that art directors around the world just can not get enough of. Even though I am Lara Stone's BIGGEST fan and January Jones' piercing blue eyes really sell the dress in a way that I've rarely seen, I am particularly loving Flare's Jennifer Lawrence cover. Her soft waved blonde locks and glowing skin add pure luxe to the look. (I may be biased, having worked at Flare...) I also love the fit of the dress over her hot curves which fill out the draping in the fabric. This dress is a shout-out to this season's colour blocking trend and the wearers beautifully illustrate the fact that blonde is still the hair colour of summer. The star in each instance is most certainly the dress- all of this coverage punctuates its celebrity status!

Glamour with a fruit-punch kick- hues found in hot climes and deserts can be found in the full collection- evoking places like Marrakech, which in fact inspired Frida Giannini in creating the line. Click
here.

No comments:

Post a Comment